by The Duchess and The Rabbit
When Ryan and I were planning our wedding, we found there were surprisingly few resources for couples who wanted write their own ceremony, which is why I decided to share our wedding ceremony with you a few months ago. And though I love posting tons of visual inspiration and real wedding stories here on Snippet & Ink, I’d also love to provide inspiration for what’s really the most important part of the wedding day. So I’m calling on you to share your ceremony with us!
If you’d like to submit your wedding ceremony for a Real Wedding Ceremony archive, shoot me an email with the following:
- Subject Line: Ceremony
– Full text of your ceremony, including readings, prayers, vows songs, blessings, etc. (see my post here for a guide)
– Your wedding date and first names (optional)
– A couple lines about your ceremony (optional)
To answer some questions you might have:
- Ceremonies will not be posted on the main page of the blog, but rather will be published on their own individual pages.
– You can remain anonymous if you prefer, just let me know when you send your submission.
– Details you might share about your ceremony include: What inspired you (religion, cultural traditions, family, literature, etc.)? What was important to you for your ceremony?
– If you wrote your own vows, please only include them if you feel comfortable. Otherwise, just make note of the placement of your vows.
– I will post an announcement on the blog when the ceremony archive goes live.
Email ceremony submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you have any questions, you can email me or leave them in the comments here. Can’t wait to hear from you!