I love the look of the classic cat eye (hello Bridgette Bardot!) but have never been able to pull it off. Perfecting symmetry was one thing, but I’d always end up with one eye smudged. That is until Skyla Arts shared her tips on creating the perfect cat eye, and I’m telling you it works like magic!
1. Curl your lashes!
2. For the perfect symmetry, look in the mirror straight on. Put a dot where you want your eyeliner to connect.
3. Start in the inner corner, and drag your pencil as close to the lash line as possible. When you reach 3/4 of the way, start lifting it upwards and connecting the dots.
4. Repeat steps two and three for the other side. (If you mess up, get a q-tip with lotion and clean up the edges.)
5. Fill in the inner rim (also named “waterline” on youtube)
6. Finish with lots and lots and lots of mascara
We’re taking things tropical with the first Signature Cocktail of the year — Hula on Ice! Made with pineapple juice, rum and crushed coconut, this beachy drink has us dreaming of white sandy beaches and sunshine! Enjoy!
Decorating your holiday table doesn’t need to be difficult! Planner Jenna Lam and photographer Meg Smith have stopped by today to show you that with the right accents, using your own china, flatware, and glassware can make for a simple, elegant, and perfectly festive table.
From Jenna: “The Heath Ceramics plates and Riedel glassware are a staple in my household. By bringing in metallic accents like the gold flatware and gold mercury-glass votives, we instantly made simple everyday items feel more luxurious. The exquisite hand-painted ornaments by Priti Ornaments, doubling as a place cards, added a personalized touch. We also wanted to put a more modern spin on typical Christmas colors.”
“Don’t be afraid to use what you already have! Your everyday china and glassware can look unexpectedly elegant with the right tweaks. Similarly, don’t feel like you need to use evergreen to get the holiday feel. Use what’s in your garden or yard. We love incorporating boxwood and rosemary into our holiday arrangements.”
We’d love to see your holiday tables, so share your pics with us on Instagram and tag us @snippetandink for a chance to be featured. And thank you to Jenna and Meg for stopping by with this lovely table!