Did you catch our DIY Tin Can Luminary DIY last month? Today, we’re focusing on the amazing flowers that were featured inside the centerpieces — anemone and hellebore, in particular! February produces some truly beautiful florals, and Max Gill knows just how make them shine.
Looking for a no-fuss yet still sophisticated centerpiece for your wedding, bridal shower, or upcoming dinner party? Fresh fruit + ribbons + a pretty vessel = our foolproof formula for a simply lovely (and super easy) centerpiece. In this version, Amy Nichols used lemons, black and white ribbon, and a textured white bowl to create a bright and clean look, but we want to know: how would you make this formula your own?
Changing something as subtle as the ribbon pattern can change the entire effect of the centerpiece. First, we used classic black-and-white stripes, for a more preppy modern look. Then she switched it up and used black and white gingham for sweet, country chic. Which one do you prefer? Let us know in the comments!
I love the look of the classic cat eye (hello Bridgette Bardot!) but have never been able to pull it off. Perfecting symmetry was one thing, but I’d always end up with one eye smudged. That is until Skyla Arts shared her tips on creating the perfect cat eye, and I’m telling you it works like magic!
1. Curl your lashes!
2. For the perfect symmetry, look in the mirror straight on. Put a dot where you want your eyeliner to connect.
3. Start in the inner corner, and drag your pencil as close to the lash line as possible. When you reach 3/4 of the way, start lifting it upwards and connecting the dots.
4. Repeat steps two and three for the other side. (If you mess up, get a q-tip with lotion and clean up the edges.)
5. Fill in the inner rim (also named “waterline” on youtube)
6. Finish with lots and lots and lots of mascara
We’re taking things tropical with the first Signature Cocktail of the year — Hula on Ice! Made with pineapple juice, rum and crushed coconut, this beachy drink has us dreaming of white sandy beaches and sunshine! Enjoy!