1. Start by creating two ponytails directly on the top of your head, one thicker and one thinner ponytail. You want the ponytails very close together and high on your head – closer to your forehead than to the nape of your neck. Spray with Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray to give texture and hold.
2. Fishtail each ponytail and tie off with a small elastic band. For a slightly different look, you can also braid them, if that’s easier.
3. Lay the first, thicker fishtail across the front of the hair. Wrap it around, pinning as you go, and tuck the elastic end under the side of the fishtail.
4. Take the second, smaller fishtail and wrap that around the base of the first section, pinning as you go.
5. Spray heavily with Frederic Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray, to keep the bun in place, but also allow it to look fresh and loose.