We’re getting a little tropical in this week’s addition to our signature cocktail series.With coconut cream, pineapple syrup, and fresh fruit juices, the Coco Sofisticado is a major crowd pleaser. Original recipe from Paula LeDuc Fine Catering and photos by Josh Gruetzmacher.
• red wine glass filled with cubed ice
• 2 oz. PLDFC house-made coconut cream
• 1 1/2 oz. Appleton Rum
• 1/2 oz. Smith & Cross Rum
• 1/2 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• 1/2 oz. fresh Pineapple Juice
• 3/4 oz. fresh Orange Juice
• 3/4 oz. PLDFC house-made pineapple syrup
• 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
• grated nutmeg
• edible flower petals
Directions: Add liquor, juices, syrup and bitters, shake & strain. Garnish with grated nutmeg and edible flower petals.
House-made Coconut Cream
In a medium sized pot add:
• 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup thai coconut milk
• 4 ounces coconut water
• Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour through a fine mesh strainer, pushing on solids to extract as much liquid (and flavor) as possible.
Paula LeDuc Fine Catering uses a house-made version consisting of equal parts sugar, water, and diced pineapple. A fantastic alternative is the commercially available Small Hands Foods Pineapple Gum Syrup.
We’d love to see your creations! Share your homemade Coco Sofisticado on Instagram and tag us @snippetandink for a chance to be featured.
This post contains affiliate links.