Maggie Battista from Eat Boutique is back with another delicious signature cocktail, perfect for late summer or early fall: Fig & Melon Martini. Doesn’t it look yummy?! And how perfect is that color for a September wedding? Photos by Heidi Murphy from White Loft Studio.
(Find similar stemless martini glasses from Cost Plus World Market.)
Says Maggie: “Harvesting heaps of melons, gourds and tomatoes in late summer is the sweetest victory, especially after months of weeding, watering and keeping the pests at bay. My perennial reward is a garden-inspired cocktail. Fresh figs and melons dress up my antipasti plates, so I knew they would certainly make a nice cocktail. The fig and vanilla vodka can infuse for just a week, but the longer it sits, the more caramel-like the color and the deeper the flavor. I garnish this martini with extra slices of ripe melon and bursting-ripe figs.”
Fig & Melon Martini
Makes 1 serving
• 1.5 ounces Fig and Vanilla Vodka
• 1.5 ounces cantaloupe purée
• 0.5 ounce Cointreau
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon maple syrup
1. Puree 1/8 of a ripe cantaloupe with 2 tablespoons of water in a blender or a food processor.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, add all the ingredients, including the cantaloupe puree. Shake until everything is combined and icy cold.
3. Strain the mixture into a slightly chilled martini glass and garnish with a thin slice of melon threaded onto a wooden skewer around a half slice of ripe fig.
See the full gallery here.