Today, Maggie Battista from Eat Boutique and Heidi Murphy from White Loft Studio are back with recipes for not one, but two signature cocktails! Both feature ginger, the perfect ingredient to warm up a chilly October evening. From Maggie: ”After the autumn chill sets in this month, warmth can come from any number of places: from an oversized belted wool coat, an embrace from your partner or a spicy drink. How about a spicy drink with your partner? We made fragrant, warming cocktails for both the bride and the groom using homemade ginger syrup, but Morris Kitchen in Brooklyn makes a favorite version you can purchase at Eat Boutique.”
Ginger Bourbon Fizz
• 1 tablespoon ginger syrup (homemade or shop-bought)
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 4-5 thyme sprigs
• 1.5 ounce bourbon
• ½ teaspoon honey
• 4 ounces club soda
In a cocktail shaker, add ice and all ingredients, except for club soda and 1 sprig of thyme. Shake the mixture a bit, then strain into a low-ball (or rocks) glass. Add a handful of ice cubes and club soda. Garnish with remaining sprig of thyme.
Sweet Ginger Sparkler
• smoked bourbon sugar or demerara sugar
• 1 lemon wedge
• 1 tablespoon ginger syrup (homemade or purchased)
• 4 ounces sparkling wine
• 1 1-inch piece of candied ginger
1. Spoon the sugar onto a flat plate. Run the fruit of the lemon wedge around the rim of a champagne flute. Gently dip the rim of the flute into the sugar until the entire rim is coated.
2. In the sugared champagne flute, gently pour the ginger syrup (careful not to touch the sugar). Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with candied ginger, either on a stick or dropped into the glass.
See the full gallery here.
SEE THE FULL GALLERY
Ginger Bourbon Fizz & Sweet Ginger Sparkler23 October 2012
Leave a Comment